1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Friend Now Hates Me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trumpetplyer23, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Trumpetplyer23

Okay, so last night there was a boys basketball game. I went because I'm in the pep band.

My ex-friend/ex-crush/classmate Hillary was there. I decide to text her because I wanna know if she knows when the girls (she's on the team) b-ball team plays our bitter rivals. The game was cancelled due to weather.

This is all through text, mind you. What's in quotes are direct quotations. Everything else is paraphrased. She tells me she doesn't know. I decide to be nice, I dunno and I ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. She says that she doesn't know when we could because she's always busy. I ask her if she found the time would she want to hang out. She said, "Why? Sarah I don't even talk to you like ever." And I said, "because we're friends. Is there a particular reason why we don't talk."

Here's where things go downhill. She says, "You know why we don't" (History lesson. LAST JANUARY I told her I liked her. I have since then apologized, given her space, and even told her that I don't like her). I said, "That's so old that was like a year ago! That doesn't mean we can't be friends. There's no reason why we shouldn't be friends." Then she says, "Well, it's still weird to me, so um yeah." I apologized and said that we could still be friends and hang out. Then she said, "Well, I don't think it's a good idea for us to hang out."

Now, I'll admit. I have a short fuse. I said, "Why? Do you think I'm gonna like rape you or something? Don't flatter yourself. I'm just trying to fix what I broke, instead of walking away from my friend. Get over it. I am."

Then she got PISSED (lol) and said, "wow, don't be a fucking asshole. Because I won't put up with your shit. And no its because it'd be weird. And becaue I don't want to talk to you." I said, "I'm an asshole? I'm just trying to fix our friendship. Your the one who brought it up! I had no intention of bringing that shit up! It's the past let it go!"

Then she texted me back saying that she never wants to talk to me again. Big whoop.

Okay, I'll admit, maybe I overreacted. But this stuff never would have happened had she not brought it up.

Right now, I'm not trying to fix the friendship. I don't want her as a friend right now. Maybe years in the future, but not now. She's a jerk.

2. myra

She sounds like a prep. lol. I'd say "what a bitch" and move on. If she's gonna treat you like shit, then she shouldn't mean anything. If she can't accept you, then she's worthless, ya know? Don't waste your time. You tried to fix it, but now she just thinks she's too good for you. So don't try to fix it. Its sad letting a friendship go, but there's a time when it has to be. This is one of those times.

3. Amy

Amy

Wow, as myra said, what a bitch.

Just ignore her. She's not worth your attention.

4. Trumpetplyer23

I ignored her fairly well.

I did notice her staring at me during gym class. And I think she even shouted out a tip to make my shooting (in basketball) better.

But who cares? Not me. I'm just ignoring her.

The only problem I forsee is softball season. If one of the coaches makes me work with her, well I will. I'll be polite and cordial, but I sure as hell will not try and befriend her again.

If she wants to be friends again (which I highly doubt), I dont' forsee it happening for a while.

My thought on the whole thing is that she's really gay and because I liked her at one time, it made her realize her true sexuality. Her father is a strict, homophobic Catholic. Needless to say, she can't be gay no matter what. She doesn't want to admit that she is gay, so she needs to cut the one person she knows that is bisexual (and had a crush on her) out of her life. C'est moi.

However, Someone's going to notice the way she flirts with the pretty girls in our school, someone that's meaner than me. Someone that would spread it.