1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as Bi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Broodyvamp, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Broodyvamp

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey everyone. So I came to terms with my sexuality last spring, I am Bi and proud of it. Before that time I was pretty insecure and not really happy with myself because I was just afraid of the way I felt. Then I admitted my sexuality to myself and went to the pride festival in my city and just gained a lot of confidence in myself after admitting that. I am out to one close friend who lives in another city but only because she had come out to me first and I just told her when that happened. Anyway after all that happened a guy asked me out on a date and we ended up getting together and have been together for about three months now. I need to tell both him and my best friend that I am Bi just because it important to me. I know that my best friend should react pretty positively but I'm not sure about my boyfriend because we have never really talked about lgbtq issues before because the topic just hasn't come up. Anyway I tend to ramble on these posts. Does anyone have any advice for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!!

2. Kaboom

You should tell him. That's what dating is all about; getting to know each other.

Are you worried your boyfriend might react negatively? I highly doubt that he would. It's been 3 months. He's obviously into you.

If you want to bring the topic up, you could tell him about your close friend who came out to you. And while you're on the subject.... ha.

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    having it up front this early in your relationship is only positive. if he has a positive reaction, great. if otherwise it's better to know early on rather than later when the question is why did you not tell me, say in the first 3 months or so...

just an opinion of course.