1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saying im a lesbian out loud to anyone.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Matilde, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Matilde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay so my problem is that i really want to tell all my friends that im lesbian, but i cant. im pretty sure that my parents will be okay with me being gay but im afraid that is i tell my friends and my parents they will start treating me diffirently, and my friends will think that im in love with them, and they will be awkward at sleepovers. So please help me with coming out to my friends and Family.

2. hedgehog

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your friends should accept you for who you are, and if they treat you differently, then they're not real friends. When I came out to one of my friends, she thought I was in love with her and I thought that was pretty ignorant of her as I do have standards haha!

As for coming out, do it when you feel ready. Don't force yourself out and make sure you're in a safe place to do it. Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. cheerlesbo

cheerlesbo Guest

I had those very same thoughts when I first thought about coming out, and honestly, some of those things might happen. You just have to be prepared for every kind of reaction. If people change how they treat you, that sucks but there's nothing you can do to control their reactions.

As for your true friends, the ones who accept you for who you really are and not just because they assumed you were straight, nothing will change, because they won't see you any differently. Good luck c: