1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did my friend just come out to me...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gmoby13, Oct 31, 2015.

1. gmoby13

So yesterday in school it was a day where you could wear a costume to school for Halloween. And none of my friends really put too much though into there costumes, my friend (Not his real name) Josh put black hairspray on and had part of a costume, but wasn't aloud to bring a weapon so it didn't look like much. At lunch people were talking about what our costumes were, and I was sitting next to Josh and he said pretty quietly "I'm dressed up as a straight person." I'm really confused about whether that was a joke or not. I thought he might be gay but don't really know, and have had a crush on him since the beginning of school.

2. banana1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    pretty much yeah :wink:

3. ruby421

well i am gay but in the closet..and i still thought of dressing up like a straight person

4. 50ishandout

That he did.

5. Plattyrex

He might have, but I wouldn't be sure until he said something a bit more concrete. Just be sure to support him no matter what. I've only told 3 people that I'm gay, but their support has helped me so much and would probably do the same for your friend.

6. Ally Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you could ask him

7. natalie1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    it sounds like he was trying to have a subtle funny coming out. He most likely did that because he wants you to ask about it. And don't be afraid to ask because if he is not then he'll just say no, and that would be the end of he conversation. But if you do ask and if he is gay he will be very relieved you caught on and reached out.
    I would talk to him, good luck!

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2017 at 06:00 PM ----------

oh sorry wow i didn't realize this post was so old, i've gotten to deep in these posts. i hope it all worked out lol

8. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It'd be nice to see if anything has happened in the year since this was posted.

9. Riverhawk

Riverhawk Guest

Usually my rule is don't ask a person if they're gay because they will come out when they're ready, but in this case I think it would be ok. There are two scenarios:
    1) he is gay and that was his way of coming out in which case he's ready to tell people and might even be relieved that you asked him
    2) he's not gay and will completely understand you asking since he did imply that he was gay earlier