1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning to come out to my sister.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Canterpiece, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've already wrote a message aimed at her but I'm not sure whether to send it or not. Here's what I've got so far:

"You know, I never thought I'd come out like this. But I feel like there are some issues that need to be addressed. Particularly this friend of yours, the one who you changed their orientation status on Facebook. Ha ha ha you changed it to gay, because being gay is hilarious isn't it? Sorry, I know I'm being spiteful here but I just hate how people can do these things as a prank. Do you know how hard it is to come out? Do you? Because I do, I've done it before and it can be tough.

Tell me, what happened to your dear friend? Were they teased, harassed even? Because I'm genuinely wondering if they're ok. I was outed in high school for being gay, and it was pretty tough. I wouldn't wish that sort of treatment on anyone, gay or not.

You know, I always expected when I'd come out to you that it would be in a more relaxed way, but frankly I've been pretty stressed and down lately. You strike me as an accepting person, yet you say things that seem to contradict this. It's confusing.
    Honestly, I haven't really been that ill lately. Sure, I've had a bit of a cold but what's really been getting me down is my mood. And I've had a hard time hiding this lately. I want to put on a smile and pretend everything's fine, I really do but I'm not good at faking emotions.

Just with being outed and moving to a new place it's been pretty stressful lately. Don't get me wrong, I love it here. I just miss a few of my old friends that's all. I miss "having a group", you know having a sense of belonging. And it's just been killing me but I haven't really had anyone to talk to about it.

I know you might not get it either, it's just I'm lonely and I miss being at College even though it's only been a week. It's like I have my own life, and people seem to be a lot more accepting there. I've come out to a friend there and she's been super accepting which is quite hard to find these days, although I've found it to get easier over time.

Oh, and about that guy I dated. We're both gay. Yeah, I know it may seem a bit confusing but it just kind of happened that way. It's a long story, but I eventually came out to him and he came out to me. Well, first he came out as bisexual but then he came out again as gay. I did the same thing to a few of my friends when I was first questioning things. I mean no disrespect to the bisexuals of the world, because bisexuality is real but we're not bi. Sometimes I wish I was at least Bi, because then I'd be at least a bit straight. But, then again people who are bi do have to go through some bull so maybe not.

I just needed to get this off my chest, I may never send you this message but if I do I hope you'll accept me. I haven't told mum or dad yet, but I get a feeling if you see this then chances are you'll tell. Because that seems like something you would do. But I'd rather tell them personally myself, because when you're outed you're no longer in control of who knows and who doesn't, and to lose that sense of control can be terrifying. Trust me.

Besides, I feel like they don't need to know right now since it isn't that important. But if you really feel the need to tell, then please let me know or do so discreetly. I feel like with my asthma and everything I'm enough off a burden as it is. :frowning2:

TL;DR version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ECU6xtp68".

Any constructive criticism? What do you think? Should I come out to her like this? Should I even come out to her? Please help me.

#1 Canterpiece, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  2. Maskell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd go for it. Simply put. If you end up on deciding to do it, good luck!

3. alli o

alli o Guest

I am so excited that you decided to take this step in your life and I am sure your outcome will be worth it everyone on here loves you and hopes for the best

4. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw, thank you. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

5. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I decided against it in the end, it just doesn't seem like the right time.