1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So very frustrated

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kryz, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Kryz

So yeah, I just need to get stuff out my chest, and well I don't want to throw all my shit on top of somebody else's problems.

So, you ALL get the opportunity to get little pieces of my problems :slight_smile:
    SHARE.

I've been in my house for 5, yes FIVE weeks already, since my school gives us loads of vacations. I have still THREE weeks ahead. And, I'm just sick of it. totally, I can't take it anymore.

Through all this time, if I get together all the time I've spent outside my house, they're like 5 days...

So, all I can do is think. And all this thinking time has come to one fact:

"My life could easily fit in a matches box." -Kryz

What have I done with my life? NOTHING. My biggest achievement is being in college (and it wasn't that hard for me).
    I've never played a sport. I've never even had a "boyfriend". Almost every plan I do for extra curricular activity has failed. I can count my real-life real friends with my hands. I NEVER go out to parties and stuff. And the worst is, I'm hitting 20 years old, like this.

So lately I've been really frustrated with myself, sometimes I even feel like crying (which I rarely do). I feel so bad with myself.

So yeah, I'm not looking for anything here, even a "Sorry d00d" from your part will do (A bit more than that would be even more appreciated, but it's okay).
    Thank you.

2. biisme

I know this is cliché, but is there anything that you're passionate about? The best way to accomplish stuff (as you are upset that seemingly you haven't yet) is to get out there and interact with more people. Get involved. You don't need to plan an extra-curricular activity. At first, just try going to some and meeting new people.

3. myra

Alright... I'm going to seem like a bitch, but its called tough love.

Get off your ass and DO SOMETHING! There has got to be some volunteer thing in your town while you're on break. Get out there and volunteer. Get a job while you're on break. Or something. My 2 month break was spent with my friends a few days. For the most part it was monotonous video game play and time online.

When you get back to school, get involved! There have got to be extra curriculars. Find something that's fun. Doesn't have to be a sport. there are club galore at colleges. pick something random and go with it. You'll find something. And in that club you'll find some friends too.

4. Greggers

Sorry d00d :wink:

...but in all seriousness, dont worry about the things you cant change and change the ones you can. If your life isnt al glamorous as the next persons that does not mean its worth any less. If your not miserable, then thats good in itself. However i know were your coming from on feeling like your life is worthless, so why not try a few things to change things up? Any and all charity work is a great thing to do, even if your just doing it to feel good about yourself atleast the work is getting done and it badly needs to be done. If you lack a social life, then make yourself a social life. Get out to a party or a club or a bar every once in awhile. You say you dont have alot of friends, but you dont even need a single friend to do these things. If going solo isnt your thing just bring one of your "few real friends" along with you. Honestly, its one thing to sit there and list the problems in your life, but a whole other thing to get out there and change that. Take it in baby steps if you need to, im not saying you need to fly down into the streets with a cape and end world hunger, just start with putting food in the food bank and change in the coin jars and go from there. You can make an impact in a small way and it will still be an impact! Hope this helps somewhat? :slight_smile: good luck!

5. acorn7

OK, first of all, I just have to say I understand exactly what you fell (and it's not bullshit to pretend I'm a smartass — which I am).

I just started school again after a long month of the most boring, unproductive, uninteresting vacation ever. And I'm thrilled to have started school again (yay!). I've never had a boyfriend. I have no real "passion" in life. I never did a sport consistently for more than a year. I have no idea what I want to do in life. I feel like I haven't achieved anything. I don't feel I have enough friends.

HOWEVER... I think someone can only have a few real-life *real* friends as you say... I know I only have a few true ones. The thing is that those few are incredibly valuable, and when you're bored, you shouldn't be afraid to call them and do stuff together.

As for passions/carrer/achievements, I second the suggestion of volonteering. This comes from a hypocrite that has not really volonteered, but I really believe that I would love it if I actually got off my butt and did something about it. Helping people is really one of the most amazing feelings in life.

If not, getting a job is triply good: you get to a) make money, b) meet new people and c) it gives a certain discipline to your life, more responsabilities, which is sometimes just what you need when you have *nothing* to do.

For the future, try to find a passion, or at least something you like. For me, it's arts and design, typography, photography, stuff like that. I know a buttload of people better than me at those things, but that doesn't stop me from doing what I want to do and improving.

Finally, for the boyfriend thing... thankfully, that's the easiest :slight_smile: It'll happen when it's meant to happen. As long as you put yourself out there and try to connect with new people, you'll eventually find someone you like and who likes you. Then the work starts :wink: But until then, just let life carry you when it's supposed to.

Also...

Sorry d00d.