1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That went... horribly

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by femininemale, Oct 31, 2015.

1. femininemale

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just came out to my mother. She did not like it at all. In fact now she is forcing me to go to church or else i will lose my phone and internet. She wants me to go in an attempt to "save" me. She also thinks my partner who is pansexual genderfluid should also go, but she doesn't live with us so my mother cant force her to like she can me. In fact because i came out as bisexual genderfluid she is now thinking im gonna leave my partner and go be with a guy. That is like saying "you don't really love your partner so might as well leave her for a guy if your bisexual". Ugh... how do i deal with this for the next 8 months til i move in with my best friend???

2. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just hang in there, give her some time to let it all sink in. Don't sweat it, it's who you are right? Eight months isn't that bad, she's bound to come around by then anyway. Try and stay positive and vent to your friends for now, good luck.

3. 50ishandout

If she's going to take away your phone and Internet I'm sure you can figure out how to compensate for approximately $100 a month for peace of mind.

Time to realize you control your destiny.

4. femininemale

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I could very possibly. Thanks for the suggestion. And im trying to control my own destiny just... parents are something. Cant wait til im 18.

5. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Not all Churches accept people who are homophobic so perhaps you could talk to someone in the Church who can speak to your mum?

6. 50ishandout

You live in Las Vegas. I know there are plenty of churches that are LGBT friendly, also I'm sure there are resources to assist you

7. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm really sorry that happened :frowning2:. I know it's hard to believe, but she really is doing this because she loves you and cares about you. I feel like you need to give her time to get used to the fact - it seems like she had a knee-jerk reaction and felt like you were going to hell or something.

Just hang in there. If things don't get better, just count the days until your 8 months is up. You always can come here if you need to vent, but you seem like a resilient person and will definitely survive.

8. Minori

They all think the church will poof make you straight and the gender you were "assigned" to at birth. It's all false. You are who you are. All I can suggest is, maybe do what she wants, just to make her get off your back. But once you get the chance to move out, do so asap

9. femininemale

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just to inform you all... my parents are Jehovah's Witnesses so no help there from the church in that regard. My partner said she would pay for my phone til i could get a job and i can get a internet hotspot via my phone so that could be two birds one stone. Thanks for your advice all. Im working with my best friend on moving arrangements so the day i turn 18 i can move.

10. ConsciousRose42

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Keep being you :slight_smile:
    Strong and brave

11. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a pretty negative reaction to say the least, especially since she is actively trying to break you up from someone you love. It sounds like her reasons for being the way she is are very deeply rooted and will never go away. At least, in 8 months you won't have to deal with this challenge. I'm sure she would probably never listen to this, but the original text of the bible actually didn't say anything related to homosexuality. There was an unknown word, and those translating the bible from the original text simply filled in the blank by saying "a man shall not lie with a man".

12. CapColors

Hang in there, darling. You sound brave.

Get yourself to some kind of college if you can, so you can make a life with the person of your choice away from your homophobic family.

13. ConsciousRose42

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some of our parents are conditioned in ways that we may consider not healthy and right-
    I've learnt as time goes on to allow my dad to be who he is with the attitudes he has-
    It's taken time for me I used to get so upset and angry
    I've found as I've grown and become who I am in me what he is affects me less

I couldn't find myself through him and now I can't validate myself through him -
    But I can still love him and work to accept him in spite of
    This has all been a work in progress and I guess this is what is meant by growing up...

It feels good to be at the point I'm at --

I wish you all the best keep true to you with the anger expressed in ways that her you

14. SnowshoeGeek

Emancipated minor? Would that be something you might pursue if 8 months feels like an eternity?

15. femininemale

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I dont think i meet the requirements for an emancipation.