1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

University: My metaphor giant basket of yummy food

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greggers, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Greggers

Ok, im in one of my metaphor moods (yet im horrible at making them...) so please dont make fun of it :slight_smile:

My University is a giant picknick basket of yummy food, were each piece of food is an eeeextremly attractive guy. I mean seriously, cream of the crop. The food in this basket is like Grade A or imported or something, cause its fiiiine. So im at the picknick and i look into the basket. Its the first time ive ever been on a picknick and ive never had this much choice in food before. It all looks so good! But my problem is, im allergic to any food that is...lets say high in sugar. And that of course means "straight guys". Its not that i dont like the food im allergic too, but it does not work out in the end when i have it. Im looking for food that is low in sugar, because thats what is good for my body. And that of course, is "gay guys". Well in the basket there is a high percentage of surgery food compared to non-sugery food. I cant tell what food is high or low in sugar by just looking at it.

So here i am at the first big picknick of my life with all this food, and i dont know what food to pick! There is a list of food in the basket, but this list is not always readily available. That would be my schools LGBT network. (It meets when im in class...)

So my question to you all is...well, basically just what tips do you have for "picking the right food" out of the basket? I know im hungry for food, cause ive been starved for along time now.

(Uuugh...Honestly, i dont know why all the hot guys have to go to my small little hick-town university. The one guy i was chatting up in 3D animation today was really cute but i just know there is like a 90% chance hes straight so that does not make me feel like even trying to get to know a guy)

2. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, well, obviously if you're looking for low sugar food, there's two ways you could go about it.
    1 - just eat your way through the picnic basket. However, if you eat the wrong thing you could get a bad reaction, so that's not ideal
    2 - try to find out what's low in sugar, either by carefully assessing each item of confectionary at a time in order to work out what it is, or by using the list.

Alright, I can't keep this up. I went through uni talking to guys, striking friendships, trying to work out if they were gay or not, and in all cases, they were not. It didn't help that I was in the closet and act straighter than most straight guys. It's a slow and painful process. Since you're "openly" out, the LGBT network seems like a good bet. Try getting in contact with them, asking if there's a possibility to get involved another way, perhaps there could be meetings at other times, or they might be able to tell you of other groups you might be able to join.