1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I, uh...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Helicoprion, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Helicoprion

Out Status:
    A few people
    I never said it here, but on the 8th of October I shipped out for the Navy's basic training. I had been enlisted since February.
    Last week ago today, I was medically discharged.

I came home to find my home situation even worse than when I had left it. Coupled with the fact that I'm now trying to figure out Plan C, all the while starting a job hunt with no prior experience, and well, my mood has been less than pleasant.

Before I left, I was very obviously conflicted. With my contract, it would have been six years of my life, and I was strongly considering coming out before and terminating my contract. Since I really don't have anything to lose now, I'm strongly considering coming out-I just really don't know when or how, and I'm worried it'll interfere with my job search and my school applications.

If anyone has any advice, I'd strongly appreciate it.

#1 Helicoprion, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. Helicoprion

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wanted to update that I've made up my mind: I want to do it soon. I just have no idea where to begin, especially when it comes to transitioning.

3. Minori

You'll know when the time is right. Sometimes it may take longer for others.
    As for transitioning, have you talked to a doctor about it? Support groups? Researched?
    Its really good to look up all of this before making final decisions.

4. Helicoprion

Out Status:
    A few people
    My primary care, yes. Research, I've been in the process of doing so since before I left. However, the only support group nearby is still too far for me to reach without a car, and I don't know how to drive.
    Come to think of it, a support group would probably be the best place to ask questions like the ones I have.
    I'll try and see what I can work out with a friend.

#4 Helicoprion, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  5. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best of luck with your journey!
    I think if you can get to a support group, even occasionally, it would be a great help.
    (*hug*)