1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 years together, how to tell family?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anamnesis, Nov 4, 2015.

1. anamnesis

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello all!

I need you advise.

My story:

This winter will be 6 years as i and my girlfriend love each other. My best friends know about my orientations, but i don't speak about with my mother. I love my mother and our relationship is very close. I'm generally very family and it's important for me that i with my girlfriend went together on family holidays. My mother never climb to my personal life and i think she never ask me about it.

Until this year my mother and my girlfriends didn't know each other. Winter we meet mom to a rock concert and they met there as a my friend. And this summer we had a vacation and called mom relax with us in summer house for 5 days. I think they liked each other. It's was an amazing time!

But now i don't know what can i do..

I do sometimes meet my girlfriends and mom. But how? I need pretexts for meeting. I think it would look strange for my mom? I think my mom never ask me about it.. But how do I know that she understood? I don't want a serious speaking, but if mother never understood...

Sorry for my english.

#1 anamnesis, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in a similar situation. I've been w/ my girlfriend for a little over a year. I'm planning to come out soon... like maybe this weekend. I don't live with or near my parents and am scared to do it through a phone call because I need time to process things and respond. So, I have somewhat decided to write a letter that can effectively explain my thoughts and feelings, short enough that I can send it in a text message. That way, once the send button is pressed, I can't take it back... Nerve racking but honestly the only way that I think I can do it.

3. anamnesis

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello!

I think about it, but i live with my mom and it's difficult for me.. I think that I could not look her in the eye when she read my letter..

#3 anamnesis, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  4. MeepMoop

i would talk to her in person, i think thats the best way