1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being a bi Christian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by seth smith, Nov 4, 2015.

1. seth smith

seth smith Guest

So I have finally come to terms with my sexuality and I'm completely okay with being bi...but I feel like I'm betraying God. I know I will still have Gods love but still. I've prayed about it. But it is still difficult to come out because of being Christian. I'm afraid even though I know my family and friends will accept me for who I am. I know my family will still love me but I know they wouldn't like it. My cousin that is out gets treated differently by family. They still love him but there always rude comments about his sexuality. They would do the same to me if they new I was. I've tried to come out before but was to afraid to say anything. I keep planing when i will then don't do it. I know who i Want to tell first my best friend bu she is also religious. I know she will accept me because she told me before if i was gay or anything she would still accept me even though she doesn't agree with homosexuality. Does anyone have advice on coming out and dealing with religious aspect of it.

2. MtnCase

Disclaimer: I am not religious.

If you truly believe that God loves you then you know that He knows your sexuality and (it sounds like) He has blessed you with family and friends who love you which is important. You may not feel supported by those who don't agree with homosexuality, but I believe that by trying to be your genuine self and continuing to be the man they know and love, they will learn to be more comfortable with it as time goes on.

It takes a strong person to deal with the situation which you are in, but think about it in that God wouldn't give you more than you can ultimately handle. Always find the positive aspects of life to keep you going.

And, sorry to end on an almost negative note, if/when you do come out to your friends and family and if they cannot fulfill the support you need, then you always will have us here at EC. It is not the same, but it is something and it is real.