1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rejection

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by monihp4376, Nov 5, 2015.

1. monihp4376

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm at a loss, frankly. I have no idea what to do, and I get the feeling that the answer is staring me in the face.

I found out about ****** at my campus' LGBT group, and, a couple weeks after hearing about it, I figured I'd try it. I found out through an article online that people generally just use it for hookups, but that's not what I wanted. Still, I tried. Started talking to this woman, and somehow got the guts to ask her to meet. The meet failed, apparently due to her phone not working (in this day and age?) and possibly being at the wrong Starbucks (when I gave her the address & she'd said originally that it'd work). My friends told me that I'd been stood up, and then a few days later she IM'd saying that she was now ill. I said something kind, "sorry to hear, get well soon" and left it there. Now I'm wary of ******. Shoot, I'm wary of my campus' LGBT group. I think it's because I'm too judgmental of myself, unsure if anyone truly likes me or if they honestly are hearing what I'm saying to them. I would like to meet people, though. I'm just not sure how. After this (possible) rejection, the first since high school, I'm tempted to give up.

So, I don't want to be the creeper on campus, handing out haikus to women that I find attractive/interesting/wanting to know more about them. What should I do? Any advice?