1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

that's it, I am doing it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MayaBee, Nov 10, 2015.

1. MayaBee

I know I have posted about coming out here before, but due, lets call them difficulties, I wasnt able to.But now, my friend, I have posted about her before, actually came to me, saying that she'd like to hear what I wanted to tell her. We set the date for thursday, because on thursday we have some spare time together because the concert we are attending starts in the evening. So, even though I know she is very accepting of the LGBT+ Community, I still am afraid, because we both dont know any LGBT+ people, so I'll be the first one. Following, there are two possible scenarios:
    1: She will accept me, tell me that she is totally fine with it and the concert will be even more fun because I'd feel so incredably free.
    2: Because of any reason, she'd not accept me, we'd not be friends anymore and the concert would not be fun at all.

And I know, scenario #2 is very unlikely to happen, but I still am so afraid that I am actually doing this.

Phhuuuu needed to get that off.
    Wish me luck!

2. ANerdWhoCares

First and foremost, scenario #1 will definitely happen, given the background you've provided on your friend. Second, its okay to be the only LGBT+ person! Perhaps your scenario is like mine. Im the only non-straight male sophomore in my high school. But since I've come out openly, its inspired friends of mine from other schools, and other grades to come out too. Be the one person brave enough to take that first step, and others will follow. More people will admire you, than despise you for it. :slight_smile: