1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends suck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Jan 16, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I'm having some medical issues currently and thats one thing I'm dealing with that has made me an emotional wreck. I'm dealing with a breakup and lose of a few friends. But, of my standing friends whom I haven't seen in 4 months they don't make time for me as I do, others say they will and don't bother calling back. I feel so alone and I leave back to college in a few days where I haven't been in a year and I don't know many people there.

I'm lonely and feel like I've lost all my friends...suggestions/ advice/ comments?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Going back to college can be a fresh start. Instead of dreading it, look to it as a way to make some new friends and get back in the loop of things.

3. EM68

I agree with Becky. When you get back to school use the time to meet some new friends. Also look to see if there are any LGBT groups on campus for you to join.

4. littledinosaurs

I would definitely say make new friends, they could be better than your old ones! And i would avoid a relationship right now so you can spend time with new friends and so you don't risk getting hurt again.

5. justinishere

I know how you feel. I am still in high school where I see friends everyday but yet out of school they can't make time to spend with me :frowning2: now that I moved to a new house and new school 2.5 hours away they now want to hangout. Life is a drag when you can't have a good friend and I particularly need one :frowning2:

6. thespanishheart

Hi (*hug*)

I think it would be good for you to meet new people and see how it goes. Right now it sounds like you know who are your "true friends" and those who are just along for the ride. You know what though? You don't need those little "tag alongs". Real friends are the ones who are willing to be with you if your sick, etc. If they aren't your true friends and they just come along for the ride, screw them. You can do better.

7. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

strangely I'm becoming close with my ex's friends, most of which are gay.