1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i cant tell him

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wherewulfe, Jan 16, 2009.

1. wherewulfe

for somereason there's been some desire for me to tell a friend im gay desperately, i have plenty of opportunities and i just cant. i guess since last time i came out bad things happen im not exactly excited to come out.

for those of you who know what a member of anonymous is, he is one and his brother does have a gay friend so chances are he would be cool with it but for somereason i cant

any advice?

2. Ben

Ben

All I can say is that you have complete control and you may just have to bite the bullet and say it. The more people you tell, the easier it becomes.
    If you find it really hard, maybe coming out via letter would be a good route. :slight_smile:

3. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I'd go for it.Considering he is fairly liberal in his ideologies, and that his brother is gay, I'd go for it. He's a good bet.

BTW Oprah FAILS

4. wherewulfe

his brother isnt gay, his brother has an openly gay friend

5. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    well the thing i did to tell it the first time personally, was makin sure that he will be okay with that and ... well xD find some way to tell ur gay without no telling ur gay ... at least that is what i did (like saying.. u know ur brothers friend well im like him xD just joking o.o well not so much xD mine was kinda like that)

6. nickmc

I'm in a similar situation and so I know how it can be frustrating not being able to get the words out there :slight_smile:

Personally, I think that your friend might be pretty ok with it. I guess you need to think about how close a friend he is to you- is he close enough that he'll be able to see past that because you have enough history? Or is he just a friend you hang out with sometimes and if he reacts badly, you don't have to see him every day and it be awkward?

Best of luck (*hug*)

7. gaius

gaius Guest

try doing it in a different way than face too face? i live quite far from my friend cos were both at uni and it was quite easy over msn comppared to the people i told in person

8. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    an easy way off it is to give hints about it .. then raise the subject on msn.. its alot more easier talking you cant see there face.. a good way would be like: "hey i saw this really gay pink shirt today" and evolve from there