1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my girlfriend doesn't think i love her.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by amberger, Jan 17, 2009.

1. amberger

we've been together a long time. I moved away and then came back and she was upset. now we argue alot, but we still love each other. She said shes afraid to believe that i'm in love with her. Shes afraid because shes worried about me loving her, as well as someone else. But i only love her, and thats the truth. Her last few boyfriends cheated on her. I tell her i love her all the time. I buy and make her things, I try to make her feel loved and like shes my only one. What else can i do?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There is really nothing else you can do. You do need to explain to her though that the insecurities are causing problems in your relationship.

3. ilovelife

Yeah, I agree with "beckyg". Maybe tell her that you are a different person than the others who cheated on her.

4. well, so far it seems as though you are trying a lot to help with her previous insecurities. though if her insecurities are affecting her that badly, a therapist may be in order.
    if she will talk about her past relationships to you, maybe there is something that triggers those feelings in your relationship...
    but she does have to work for your relationship to!

5. techie01

People need to have love shown to them in different ways. People like hear I like you, others hate hearing that word. Some people feel a way to show love it just by spending time with them, doing what they want. Others need gifts, others need you doing a chore or something they hate doing. I think just trying to figure out a way to show her you love her by appealing to what she feels shows love! Good Luck!

6. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you can ask her, "what can i do to make you feel loved?"

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are her insecurities. It's best if she deals with them directly. You might suggest counseling - even joint counseling - so she can learn to trust people again.

Lex

8. Mickey

I agree with the other posters. You can't make her feel secure,especially if you've already told her and shown her how you feel.
    A therapist may help. You didn't say why you moved away,but that may be one problem.
    And,if this is the first lesbian relationship for her,that could be another problem.
    You've done all you can do. Now it's up to her,to decide it's okay or to talk to someone
    who can help.