1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a chance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by clip555, Jan 17, 2009.

1. clip555

clip555 Guest

Hey, sorry I havnt been on forums lately, had alot of course work to do.

I have this crush on a boy I known for like 4 years since we just entered secondary school, during last year there we became closer freinds, we always had a luagh and stuff and realy enjoyed just hanging out, he always smiled at me when we saw each other, I can't get him off my mind, while I was there I was not out to anyone but I flirted a bit around him & he flirted back, but this was near the end of our last year there.

Now we are at different colleged but we still keep in touch over skype, msn and occasional party, we have some realy deep conversations and Im sure hes gay. Problem is I can't come out to him, even over msn - I just keep overthinking everything in my life and always thinking of the worse possible outcome, Im a very shy person when it comes to talking about myself & Iv been told I overthink things alot but Just can't stop doing it, I feel if I don't tell him how I feel then Ill never get a chance too now

what would be a good conversation started where I could build up to coming out to him?
    and if there anyway I could tell if he was gay for sure?

Heard of a gaydar but mines broken, just shows everyone

2. Cassi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't be shy and do it! (I know it's hard i used to be shy :T) But if
    you don't ever open up to him you'll never know! And he'll never know.
    Start off a conversation in a more serious tone and tell him. If he makes
    fun of you or runs away, well then was he a really good friend to begin with?
    My friend came out to me not that long ago so I understand it must be very
    hard, but if you don't take the first step then you'll never know. And no gaydars
    don't exist! I wish i could give you more advice, but I'm really out of words at
    the moment, so I'm going to wish you luck and open my doors for you if you
    ever just need to just talk. :thumbsup:

3. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    first, does he know that you are gay?
    because if you tell him maybe hell say "yeah dude... im also too and im :confused: in love with you" or something like that xD the closest thing my gaydar gets is asking in discrete ways what do they think about gay people xD it has worke 3 out of 5 times o_o

4. clip555

clip555 Guest

lol I hope

I think he knows im gay, we was flirty with each other.

5. Mickey

I found the best way to find out how someone feels about being gay is,bring up a gay subject. Like gay marriage...ask his opinion, or a gay celebrity,etc. If you can get his attitude about gay things,it may give you more of an idea if he is,indeed gay.
    I've used this ploy a few times and it usually works. If nothing else,you'll know how he feels about the subject.