1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to husband

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Athena33, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Athena33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have been married 22 years and have three wonderful girls, all looks picture perfect from the outside.
    I have been working my way through therapy for the past 10 years, dealt with a lot of issues, and I have finally stopped denying who I am and discovered(?) I am in fact a lesbian. I thought I could continue to live in the marriage silently suffering, but not upsetting status quo. But I cannot do it, I am slowly going down a very dark hole, and I think the only way to stop the descent is to come out to my husband. But how? How does one do this after being married for so many years? I am so stuck. I live in a small town and there is no LGBT outreach center to help figure this out. Anyone been in this boat?

2. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can somewhat identify with you. Can't figure out my true orientation though. Married, husband and kids, fell in love with a woman 7 mo ago. This is my secret so far - getting used to the idea of being in love with another female, but many questions still. So don't think I am ready to state anything to my husband.
    However, there are quite a few EC members in similar boat posting under LGBT Later in Life. Try posting there. Good luck figuring out your path. I am sure you will find help here:slight_smile: