1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nick F, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Nick F

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sister and I try and spend time together (she doesnt know I am gay) and we are going to a christian concert next friday and I thought maybe on the way home after the concert, I could tell her then. I think she will be accepting, at least I hope. And neither one of us go to a church that condemns gay people so I hope it will go okay, if I can even gain enough strength and courage to tell her, so any suggestions lol...

#1 Nick F, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! One thing that could help is to think about a time where she said something supportive of LGBTQ* or has taken a position that might not have been all that favourable. Does she have a friend or friends who either are themselves, or are supportive of, LGBTQ*?

If you wanted to have some reassurances and in preparing yourself in coming out to her, maybe try having a conversation about a topic that touches on LGBTQ* issues with her first. Her reaction or response, will give you a good indication as to how she might respond to your coming out. :slight_smile:

3. LesbianLover567

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, I get it. My siblings are too young to even understand. I'm gay. I haven't told them, probably won't for a few years. If you need any help, you can talk to me. LGBTQ communities are there for you.(&&&) :thumbsup: