1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He doesnt really talk to me anymore since the knows I'm bi.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MayaBee, Nov 16, 2015.

1. MayaBee

Hey, so I have a very good friend that I only know per Whatsapp. I know, I know, he probably isnt the same person as when we write, but over the past year, he's been really close to me and knows more about me than my 'real' friends. I dont know, not having to face him kinda helps me to also talk about feelings, since I often come off as tuff and not interestet in anything that has to do with love.
    About 2-3 weeks ago, he was the first person to know I am bi and he was very accepting and lovely, so I obviously was reliefed.
    But now, since he knows, we havent really talked anymore. He does not seem to like me anymore nor is he interested in any way. A normal conversation from the past weeks would go like this:
    "Hey"
    "Hey"
    "How are you?"
    "good."
    That's it. I feel so lost and now I am afraid my other friends will react like that too if I tell them I am bi.
    Some advice would be awesome, thanks.

2. Elliiexriley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he was accepting at first, it would be weird for him to act like this all of a sudden.
    Maybe it doesn't even have anything to do with you being bi. Maybe he has some troubles in real life. Or maybe there's nothing going on at all. I have an internet friend aswell and we talk everyday. Many of those days its just really short conversations, to know how he's doing. If I were you I would ask him if something is wrong.

3. Kai Liam

Kai Liam Guest

I have had that done to me before too, once someone finds out I'm bi they just stop all communication but those have only been my online friends. All of my friends in real life are super understanding and love me just the same. I know its really hard to tell some people and gauge their reaction but if you come out to one of you're 'real' friends and they don't want to be friends with you anymore...then they weren't real in the first place. I still haven't come out to my dad because he is very old fashioned and I know he'd tell me "It's just a phase" so I get the toughness of hiding it from the ones you care about.
    Some people might need sometime to let it sink in and get used to the fact and others might just not care.
    I have Lesbian friends and they were my first friends I came out too because I knew they'd understand (Kinda). Honestly if you are having trouble deciding if you want to tell them or not test the waters.
    Bring up a bi "friend" in a conversation see how they react. Ask them if you were lesbian would they accept you and just say that you're only asking because of the situation with your "friend". I had to do these with my straight friends and actually found out one of them was bi too in the process.
    There is no way to truly know if they will accept you but these might give you a little more confidence if you get a good response.