1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant about hypocrites.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Blazer, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Blazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So one of my friends (I have a huge crush on him) is somewhat hypocritical when it comes to gay stuff.

He acts pretty gay sometimes (Slapping guys on the ass, saying "ily" (I love you) to guys, just general gay stuff), but then he says that he is homophobic (As far as I know, he's straight. Though I wonder sometimes). To the point that when he saw two guys doing that kiss-on-the-cheek thing, he made a huge fuss about it (A little too big, I think).

I'm going to bring up that point to him (I'm not out to him, so I'm not going to be all "I'm gay, I hate you cause you act homophobic"), but some instances of hypocrisy are just stupid.

Feel free to talk about any instances of hypocrisy here.

2. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

Reminds me of myself and various gay friends, pre-out.

3. Ionless

To be honest, if you really wanted to rant at hypocrites, there will be no end to the rant, and the rant will probably include yourself at a certain point of time.

The truth is, the world is filled with hypocrites, from lying politicians to the ordinary bus driver. While hypocrisy is indeed something the world could do better without, the truth is it's impossible for the world to be without it. So, we can only live with it, together with the fact that there are people in this world who will forever be against gays.

So what you can do is just to feel happy, ignore these hypocrites, and enjoy your life instead of mulling about how hypocritical these people are :grin:

4. TheRoof

i think its either 1) he's gay but pretending to be homophobic
    2) he's straight, acts like gay to fool around, and in fact is homophobic.
    that's my theory...but u could confront him directly about it.

5. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    wou orangehat :confused: that was ... em ... cool xD?!
    who know if hes gay and hiding it by pretending to be homophobic xD theres not an exact way to know...
    if only my hipocryte "friend" was gay... then he will not hurt someone dear to me >>
    well anyway ... you could tell him, but if hes really homophobic then you would lose his friendship :S

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is Mr Big Crush one of the seven?

Lex

7. kramer362

He's 15, an age when guys feel they have to assert their masculinity and fit in by making fun of gay guys, so try not to take it to heart. But telling him to grow up would probably be a good idea, but me might ask you then if you're gay or something.

8. RaRa

I hate hypocrites, on just about any issue. Worse thing you can be imo.

9. Markio

I'm usually a hypocrite when I complain about the faults in others, because they're usually things I don't like about myself. Like, I don't like my roommate because he never leaves the room. Of course, the only reason I'm not in the room all the time is because he is...

The moral is, don't complain: confront! In a composed, purposeful manner, at least. I should take my own advice before giving it to others.

#9 Markio, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  10. Mana

My parents have this friend or something (very vague version of the story, as my mum told it to me like once, and I forgot...) but he was like really homophobic and had a go at this guy who wasn't even gay but acted really camp. Later on the 2homophobic" guy came out as gay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's probably an act so no one suspects he's gay.

I have a friend who is supposedly bi, but still insists on going around going "OMG that is so gay" *grr* I don't like her very much. In fact, I've sort of ended all contact with her. I feel bad though 'cause she really likes me so A) it must be hard for her and B not many people do like me... so yeah... could be handy when in need of devoted fans...

11. Blazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope.

And it's now nine, I just keep forgetting to come on the forums and update stuff.

//lazy.