1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JackIsANerd, Nov 17, 2015.

1. JackIsANerd

So I recently have figured out I am trans (FtM) ive told a few friends and they are accepting, but I am not sure how to tell my boyfriend? A few months ago I did tell him I was non-binary (at the time I was still trying to figure out who I was and so I used non-binary for awhile). The problem is he is straight and I am not sure how things will go if I tell him I am trans. Any advice on what I should do? :confused:

2. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi QuietNerd,

I think that at the end of the day your boyfriend will find out about your intentions, so it's probably best to pick the right time and tell him the truth.

There is no guarantee how he will respond. Not to scare you, but based on my observations, most straight significant others do not respond too well to this kinds of confessions. However, there are cases when the couple perseveres, and only becomes stronger.

Whatever you decide to do - do it soon, leave it for a little while, or write a letter - please remember to be honest with him. Try to have your communications channel open with him, share your feelings, and make sure you ask him how he feels about it at every step of the way.

Good luck with it! I will hold my fingers crossed for you :slight_smile:

Take care,
    Mila

3. JackIsANerd

Thank you for the amazing advice! <3