1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whynot, Nov 18, 2015.

1. whynot

whynot Guest

so.. recently, i've come into terms about my sexuality and figured out i'm really gay.. the problem, however, is that i'm not sure i'm ready to come out to anybody as of now.. i know my parents will be really shocked and i'm afraid of how they will react after the initial shock i know they'll experience..

i haven't even come out to my friends.. i don't really have anybody who i can call my best friend.. but i do have a decent relationship with them.. i'm just not used to telling somebody a lot of things about myself.. i generally prefer bottling up all my emotions.. so only a few people really know me that well.. i've been stressing about how to tell my friends about being gay because i'm worrying that things will get awkward.. i'm worried they'll change the way they interact with me.. or that they will look back on all the things we've done together and try to determine if some of the things that they thought were innocent actions may have some inappropriate meaning.. or something like that.. or they might think i'm somehow hitting on them at one point in our friendship..

i don't want to complicate things.. it's difficult enough that i'm totally attracted to one of my friends.. who is totally straight.. and is currently in a relationship with a decent guy.. as if it's not painful enough to listen to her talk about how nice her boyfriend is..

i don't want to lose my friends and i feel like i'm lying to them just because i'm not telling them something really important.. how the hell can i come out to them.. i've always told myself that i'll probably come out when i finally found someone.. but if that time comes.. i don't really have an idea how to do it.. how to come out to everybody..

i do hope someone could help me out.. i'm sorry for quite a long entry..

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey sweetie! First of all, don't feel pressured to tell anyone. Realize that most people are pretty accepting now in days. Don't make it a huge deal and clarify that you're not flirting with them. Hope this helps some :slight_smile:

3. whynot

whynot Guest

i'm just feeling guilty about not telling them.. i'm supposed to be honest to them.. and it's bothering me that i'm keeping it from them.. though the thought of telling them really scares me.. far more outweighs the need to tell them..

it also seems that i'm not getting over my feelings for my friend anytime soon..