1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervousness

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zachary825, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Zachary825

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys I got a problem:
    I am a virgin, and sometimes if I do wanna do something, I KNOW I will be too nervous and scared to do anything. Like there seems to be no gays in my school anyhow, but I know if they asked to do something I would be like NO get out!!! But inside I would really want it.. Did anyone else have this problem?? How did you overcome it if you did? Some people say just give in but I don't know.. Seems hard I mean id be all sweaty and nervous and scared and they would think I'm weird.. I don't know. Any help/advice? And I am worried I will be like this forever and be a virgin and lonely and nervous all the time..
    Thanks!
    Zack

2. Helen

Helen Guest

How much of a virgin are you, exactly, if you're willing to answer?

Because before I had my first kiss, I felt exactly the same way about everything to do with these things, and I always used to immediately reject people even if I secretly wanted to do something.

The thing that relaxed me during my first kiss was alcohol. Not too much, mind you, I wasn't drunk, but it put me in a good relaxed mood, and I felt comfortable with going that little step further and kissing somebody. I'm not encouraging you to drunkenly get off with someone, don't get me wrong, but maybe a little bit would help you.

As for people thinking you're weird if you acted nervous and scared, if they do think that, then they're not worth bothering with. Find somebody decent, who will give you the time and space that you need to adjust. Also, don't be in too much of a hurry, I suspect that it's all part of the rush of growing up. I feel like I'm going to stay a virgin forever as well, but I force myself to think that I have YEARS ahead of me, and plenty of time to slowly get myself ready for what's to come. You should do the same(*hug*)

3. Zachary825

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I never did ANYTHING with another guy.. Yea maybe a LITTLE bit of drinking can help. Yea thanks there is loads of time.

4. Helen

Helen Guest

I've only ever kissed a guy, nothing with a girl as of yet, so yeah, don't be in a hurry to do everything at once, it's worth waiting for :slight_smile:

5. Louise

Once you find a guy you really like and start going out with him you will be so mad to kiss him that you won't feel that nervous. As you get to know the guy and get to like him more and more the kisses will lead natrurally on to something more and things will just fall natrually into place. Stop worrying about it, it will happen when it is meant to.

Of course if you think of some random guy coming up to you and saying hey lets screw around you would reject them out of hand. You are a virgin and need to take things slowly with a guy you really like and trust. Every guy your age wants sex, that is a normal and natural thing so your conflict between refusing sex and yet wanting to make love is completly normal. Just relax and let things happen in their own time... even if it is frustrating waiting.

Don't hesistate to tell the guy (when you find him) that this is your first time, if it isn't his first time he will be touched and know how to take things easy. If it is his first time then you will just have to muddle through as best you can.

6. xequar

The first time, you will be very nervous and awkward. My first time was...honestly...a disaster. Not an unmitigated disaster, but close enough.

The trick is to tell the other party that it's your first time, and that you're really nervous and awkward.

If you don't, they'll be expecting something that you're not ready for. If you do (and they're worth half a shit), they'll help try to calm you down and be understanding (and ready for a disaster).

How do you get past it? Experience. I know it's not a brilliant answer, but it's the only one that truthfully answers the question. Even if that first time is a disaster, it's still experience, and you can only get better from there.

7. cm25

cm25 Guest

like everyone above said, it will be a little akward the first time but you need to stop worrying. when the time is right, and trust me you will know, it wont be as akward. just let the cards fall when someone is coming on to you, roll with it. get prepared for what will happen, maybe play out a couple instances in your head so your not as nervous going into it. hope this helps!!