1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nonbinary Transman Needs to Come Out!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by finnybpy, Nov 21, 2015.

1. finnybpy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I identify as nonbinary. I came out to my parents a several months ago and they are okay with it, I guess. But they are the types of people who can turn on you in an instant. My parents asked if I wanted to use a different pronoun and if I did that's okay, so I said I'd like to use they/them pronouns. They flipped and my mom started crying after that. After I came out my parents use soooo many gendered words with me, like calling me "daughter," "little girl," and lots of other terms much more often than before. I have been extremely dysphoric about my body lately and it's been making me depressed for years. I really want to go on testosterone so I can get the body I feel my soul would match, but I don't want to break their hearts. Any coming out advice? It's not exactly coming out, but kind of is considering they already know about my gender identity but not about wanting to go on T.

2. PurlpleAurora

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am in the same situation. I have kinda told my mom about me. She only knows I don't feel like a boy, and I don't want to be a boy. Beyond that she knows nothing.

I feel like I will lose them if I come out to them anymore. I feel like I will break their hearts, and split their 25 marriage up up. And kill my grand father by giving him a heart attack.

Parents say they want the best for their children, and tell them to be who they want to be, and need to be. Then they put these restraints on us and suppress us, not allowing us to be gender we feel we are. Making us be things they think we should be.