1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When should I come out to my friends?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by staries, Nov 21, 2015.

1. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone! I haven't been on this site in a while because high school is very VERY time consuming, especially in certain classes. Anyway, with just starting high school I have started to become friends with some of my classmates. I have made about 6 new friends, and I'm happy about that.
    What makes me worried is with me now seeing a gender therapist and talking out my feelings I've shared that I want to start living as a male by the summer of 2016, which involves me having to come out to my friends. I'm afraid that since most of my new friends are guys they'll think I'm weird and not want to talk to me anymore. What should I do?

2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If its safe be open from the get go. That way you meet the "type" of new friends you want and need to meet.

If you mislead them, it sends you in the wrong circle of friends direction. This can take massive amounts of energy.

Happy life.

3. gmoby13

Just maybe start by bringing up things like Caitlyn Jenner or the Houston equality law, and judge how your friends react. If they seem over all fine with it, then you know that you can come out. Even if they do seem accepting, just know that some people will always be against it. So not all of your friends will be okay with it, but the ones that truly care for you will. People might think that you're weird at first, but they'll get over it. And if they don't, screw em'. I have a trans friend and he said that even though he lost friends in the process, he is so much happier now that he came out :icon_bigg. And if you're not comfortable coming out, don't. Wait until you want to. You're the only person that can decide this.

Good luck!

4. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for responding. But what do you mean by misleading them?