1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm here for you guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by badger, Nov 22, 2015.

1. badger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So since I had been on here last (about 2 weeks ago) I have come out to my parents. They were extremely supportive and it was a very scary experience, but most importantly I definitely feel like I've accomplished the peak of this journey. I've known that telling my parents (the 2nd and 3rd people who know anything) would be the hardest in terms of most anxiety producing part of this entire experience. I truly recommend people coming out only when they feel ready. Don't force it and be patient. Life will push it out of you in some way and it just needs to be natural in terms of "the want" to tell anyone. I understand how hard it is to go through this with the year I've had. I'm here supporting you guys just like you guys have been here for me. There is a light at the end of this dark tunnel, I can see it, and I know we can all make it there. We are all brave. I'm here.

2. Violet4

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow! Awesome for you! :slight_smile:

Just never lose that strength, never! Even if there are people that try to pull you down.

Take pride in that rainbow! You seen like an awesome guy ^^

3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really pleased for you. Coming out to parents is very difficult for most people, so you have accomplished something significant. Well done! :slight_smile: