1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to be proud

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Neymarfudk, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Neymarfudk

I cant do it, Im trying to accept who I am and what I want from life but I just cant seem to be able to love myself for who I am... Ive only ever came out to 1 person which Is my brother and that was last night (It went well) but I cant picture myself coming out to anyone close for years because of negative reactions. I had my first gay kiss the other week aswell in a nightclub and at first I was in shock tbh but then I enjoyed it... quite a bit to say the least!
    Anyway, anyone got any advice on how to just... accept what you are if any of this makes sense lol sorry

Thanks x

2. jj71981

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In my personal searches on coming out, I have seen it equated to a gift. Think of it as that and you are only beginning to unwrap it. IN reality, opening gifts comes with mixed emotions of anticipation, excitement, what if I don't really like it, potential disappointment and happiness.

Unwrap your gift of coming out and being who you are as slow or as quickly as you are comfortable with. Along the way, self acceptance comes so you are able to peal a little more back.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

If you're having a conversation about acceptance, perhaps say ''I accept straight people'' and since this would be obvious if this were your in-group, the next thing people would probably assume is that you're gay - which is true. Then since you've just said ''I accept...'' they will have positive thinking in their mind, and in turn say back to you ''I accept gay people''.

Or this will be a really awkward conversation where people don't know what you're talking about, so they might get you to explain, which would be your intro to explain it to them.

#3 Secrets5, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  4. Guelito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are lovable, you are valuable. Please remember that even when you don't feel that it's true. Even when you feel like the worst person in the world, and all of us do at some point in our lives. Until you feel your value, until you feel all of the love around you, you will have to just act the part. What I can tell you from my life is that, being able to act from a place of value and love for myself, actually builds my self esteem. I think that is what people mean by faith. You have to have faith in yourself, even when you don't believe in yourself. The act of believing in yourself is what creates the feelings of being loved and valuable. I dont think it happens any other way. Telling your brother was a huge step and you are stronger now because of it... right? It went well and that's great but what if it hadn't gone well, you would still be stronger. The best thing i can tell you is find people who love you for you, stay close and intimate to them. The more you are real, the more you will draw real people to you. You can use those people to strengthen yourself so that it will be easier to be real with the people who feel harder to be real with.