1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like this girl, but she's a robot.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Time, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Time

Ok, not really, but she acts like one 99% of the time.

We kissed last night at a party while playing spin the bottle. I've kissed 2 girls before her, but both were extremely close best friends, and under the circumstances of this same game, so they didn't really mean much. But I don't know this girl very well and when we kissed, I felt something, as opposed to feeling like I was kissing my grandma with the other 2. She's extremely pretty, and I think she has the potential to be outgoing and have a good personality/sense of humor, but the thing is, she's basically a robot. Nearly everything she says is an in uninterested monotone voice and is often sarcastic and hurtful to someone around her.

I talked to someone at the party and they said she wasn't like this before this school year started. She changed over the summer, but no one seems to know what happened.

I immediately wanted to kiss her again afterwards. But the game ended shortly thereafter. Later on that night, I wrote 3 notes to her, leading up to asking her if she wanted to kiss again. She replied to each one by saying one word in an uninterested monotone voice. After reading the third note, she looked at me, and said, "You want to kiss again?" I said yes and asked if she wanted to. She kind of half-smiled and was like "Suuure". It never happened though.

The thing is, I don't really know what to do. I just got dumped and had my heart completely shattered earlier that day. I don't think this is just a desperate plea for someone to be with or anything. I really do think she's a cool person.

I'll probably see her at school a bit. But...I don't know what to do. Should I message her on MySpace and start up a casual conversation maybe? Ask her out? I'm confused.

=/
    Thanks for reading.

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, seeing as she didn't seem that interested in you at the party, asking her out will only bring more heartbreak for the moment. However, the fact she smiled at you shows that she's neutral, probably, with your interest in her, unless it was more sarcastic like the rest of her comments that she makes...

The major thing that strikes me is that everyone's noticed that she's changed but doesn't know why. Does this indicate that she has very few friends? To me, spiteful comments along with sarcasm is a defensive position that someone takes when they feel threatened or rejected; perhaps she feels that way towards the rest of her peers?

My feelings are that you should just try and reach her and establish a connection of trust between you, whilst not letting your more romantic feelings get in the way, as much as it my be hard for you. Treat her like you would with any other person, friendly topical chats, mild interest in what they did over the weekend, etc. I think that she may be grateful for the attention if you make it clear you just want to make her feel more welcomed (of course, I'm going along with the thought that she feels rejected). She'll open up to you I'm sure once you've established a friendship.

I also would try to find out from others what's happened in her life; family deaths and the like, since major events like this can dramatically change one's personality. But take caution, as if she finds out, she my take it the wrong way and feel further threat from you "snooping".

Best of luck to you, I'm happy chat about anything, feel free to drop me a PM (*hug*)

3. Charles Marcus

Huh, at first i want to tell that's only my thougts BUT

there is so many other fishes in the sea, if she does not show interest in you, then why to loose your time and nerve? you can't make the people love you, even if you love.

and about robot acting, even if you will find out WHY she is like that, you can't change that.

(after all that i want to say if you realy like her, DO EVERYTHING and don't listen to anybody)

Good luck!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You say robot as if it's a bad thing. :grin:

It's obviously just a coping mechanism. She's built some walls of indifference, of sarcasm, or un-feeling to block pain. It's a common thing to do at your age, actually. Leave an open invite to the robot - "anytime you'd like to pick up where we left off, just say the word. :slight_smile:" Then leave it at that. Next move is hers, and it's up to her whether or not she wants to make it. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Time

Thanks for the input, everyone.

We're actually going out as of a couple hours ago. :slight_smile:
    This should be interesting.

6. Trace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congradulations on your relationship, I hope everythings work out for you^^:icon_wink

7. Magnet

Congratulations!!!! :slight_smile:

8. Dazed

Dazed Guest

yay for dating robots :]

seriously..congrats :]

9. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status: