1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my crush (Gay Male) High school Version

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ThatOneGayGuy, Nov 24, 2015.

1. ThatOneGayGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This will be a-some-what long story and will be boring or fun to read. You are warned lol.

It all started when I moved to a new place and went to a new school. After 3 weeks of being at my new school, I laid hands on possibly one of the hottest guy in my school (for me at least). He was perfect, chubby, cute, everything. Then, the school year ended and fast-forward to the next year. Now this school year, he looked different. He was hot as fuck, I even noticed he grew a beard, and changed his punk style hair to black instead of blue this time. I have also realized I had 2 classes with him this year (only for 1st trimester). Weight Training and a different class we're the classes I had. Now keep in mind, I had a major crush on him, Although I made sure I wasn't creeping him out by keeping my distance and finding him on Facebook and eventually asking him for his Snapchat and Instagram.

You may be wondering: Where is the "I came out to my crush part", well here it is:

It was late October and there was a Halloween dance coming up and I thought it would be nice of me to see what he was doing for the day the Halloween dance was on, he said no. I asked him if he wanted to tag along to the dance with me (Also keep in mind that we barely know each other, we talked little at school) , anyways, he said he probably won't, I proceeded to say that I will pay his way and said it wasn't that much and asked if he was sure. He said in these exact words: "I doubt it, I'll probably just stay at my house and masturbate." In my head I was like...Who the fuck tells that to someone they barely know. Having that in mind, I got curious and asked the question "Are you gay?", he said no. I then proceeded to tell him that I was and he said, "it's fine having a gay friend, it doesn't bother me."
    Now...Before this Halloween dance bullshit and asking him for his snapchat and everything else, I had weight lifting with him and I would notice him looking at me and looking away as if he was mimicking what I was doing with him /returning the favor. He also smiled once when I caught him looking at me. Also, I am also somewhat his friend now and lately, I told him that he looked good with his beard, because he shaved it and he said he missed it, he said he knows (A bit too cocky, but it's so cite when he does, that and he smiles when I say his name is really hot too). He says he's not gay, but I honestly don't believe him. It's like he's trying to hide something, but I can't figure what that is. His face seems to turn red when he smiles when he hears his name called (By me). We have so talked about his friends and he hates hanging out with them sometimes, because they can be smart asses, insecure and assholes, so I'm trying to take this opportunity to try and make a new best friend.

Thanks for reading. :slight_smile:

2. lovetoomuch

Hey! That was an interesting read. I would say be cautious about wanting to be best friends with him. Unfortunately, from the sounds of it, he is not interested - I am not trying to sound mean, but since you came out to him, if he did have feelings for you, he probably would have done the same.

I'm just saying be cautious because you may intend to be best friends, but since you are so attracted to him, you may be constantly looking for something more, even though that is not what he wants.

I hope what I said doesn't sound bad. There is no problem with you being friends with him, but you really have to make sure you don't only want to be friends because you want something more in the future. That could make the situation turn ugly.

I'm warning you of this because I had a huge crush on a guy I didn't know too well. I eventually told him (one of only two people I'm out to) and he was not interested. I then thought I could seek a friendship, but I realized I was only doing it because I was still hopeful we would end up together - forming a friendship like that wouldn't have been fair to him and it would make me miserable because I would be around someone I liked who I didn't have a chance with.

Good luck!