1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i have dont that?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lordjord96, Jan 20, 2009.

1. lordjord96

in ICT today my mate would not shut up:dry: so i sed "shut up you fat cunt!". and he reacted with "F you you faggot" in a american tone. and i punched him and now im in trouble! should i have done that?

2. Dazed

Dazed Guest

the way this should ahve happened is you ask your friend to " please be quiet"
    if you had been different in telling him to shut up..he would have never called you a faggot and you would have never hit him.

its called manners.

3. riddlerno1

You shouldnt have hit him to be honest but you could have just told him to be quiet like Gin Uh Fur says or yelled at him. Thing is violence never solves it as i can see why you were angry but now all people will say is u hit him.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are much better ways to get friends to stop talking without smacking them around or resorting to "see you next Tuesday". See if you can think of some.

Lex

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you could have asked him to be quiet in a different way. As you have learned, things like this will come back to haunt us and will become something much larger in no time. If you are nice to others, chances are they are going to be nice to you, even if you ask someone to stop talking. As Lex said, try thinking of some nice ways to get someone to stop talking.

6. kaster

calling someone a "fat cunt" is probably more offensive than "faggot" especially if he didnt know about your sexuality. I think he was probably justified in saying something back to you, just a shame he hit a nerve. But violence shouldnt solve anything so it is fair that you get in some trouble though he should get told about using offensive terms like that.

7. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Typically, if you get in trouble for something, you shouldn't have done what ever caused you to get in trouble... Pretty self explanatory, lol.
    It's pretty easy to ask someone to stop talking or to be quiet without resorting to calling people names. Hitting others is never a good idea either. Why couldn't you have said something like "I don't appreciate being called a faggot"???

You could have handled the whole situation in a much more mature way.

8. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANWER !!!!
    a good example hammas bombed isreal isreal retailiated 1000 dead mass destruciotn and not allot was achived

9. Markio

I learned in class that homosexuality is often linked to misogyny. Many of the words we have for gay men denote feminine traits: "sissy", "fairy", "pixie", etc. Essentially being female is bad.

The fact that the c-word was used as well just seems to emphasize this aspect of "modern" society.

10. theworld

There was probably a better way around this, in my opinion. First off, I don't believe violence should ever be used except to defend yourself from another physical attack. Maybe you might have tried giving him a quick reason for your wanting him to be quiet. "I'm exhausted and would really appreciate some quiet for a few minutes if you don't mind." Or you could have tried going for a walk to the park or something so that you could get your quiet time, and he could be as loud as he wanted.

11. Miles D

well, you called him a fat cunt, but then you should've walked away or gotten an adult/ authority figure to shut him up.
    punching people is definitely bad :slight_smile: