1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satisfaction in being transgender only online?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kodama, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Kodama

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is there anyone that is satisfied being revealed transgender only online, but otherwise being a total secret in real life amongst family, friends and society?

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do find a large amount of relief in being myself online but obviously in my case and that of other trans women and men part of transitioning is coming out to our family and friends as the physical changes will make it impossible not to do so. As someone genderqueer it is perfectly reasonable for you to be out only online if that is all you need to do to feel comfortable with yourself. (*hug*)

#2 Eveline, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  3. Kodama

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you. (*hug*)

I have yet to do anything online besides my short-lived activity here on EmptyClosets, as the past few days I have been questioning myself enough to do research on some of my questions about this whole thing.

Earlier today, however, I came upon a realization that no matter what, I cannot come out socially or to my family. Long story short, (not meaning to sound ominous, but) something was cost for me to be the only girl among three boys, and that as well as the balance of the family that is needed at this current time, and the balance needed for my Mom, can simply not allow me to come out in real life.

I think I will be able to pass with a short haircut(as I've been itching for one for a couple years now at least) and a sports bra without giving anything evident away. However I cannot present as a male or use male pronouns in real life, so I felt I should ask this question to see if there is anyone out there that is satisfied enough just being out only online(of which I have yet to test), so I can hopefully find some comfort in that.

If all that makes sense.