1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender in Islam - Gay or Straight Sex?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sephiora, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Sephiora

Ok so say someone is a Muslim and They're a guy and they're Transgender (This isn't my question so please don't say being a trans muslim is haram, there are different views) - and basically they transgendered into a girl. Can they have sexual intercourse with Guys, or does it have to be with a girl?

I heard if the transgendered person is very feminine and not masculine, they can have Sex with a guy. Ye or No?

2. Otaku

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i dont get your question , it has nothing to do with religion or how feminine that person is , they should have sex with the gender that they're ATTRACTED to , it's about their own sexual orientation , not the "norm"

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, the person in question is a girl and not a guy and was never really a guy. As she is a girl she can either be attracted to men or women or both or neither because sexual orientation has nothing to do with her being transgender or her being female. Beyond this, the word is 'transitioned' and not 'transgendered'...

If you were searching for passages in the Quran that say that a trans woman is allowed to be attracted to men. I would simply suggest to view trans women as women that were born in the wrong body and move forward from there. Are women in the Quran allowed to marry men? I assume so... there's your answer! (*hug*)

#3 Eveline, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I take it from your question that you are a devout Muslim.
    The problem here is not what the Quran says, but what people think it says.
    I know very little about what's in the Quran. But from my knowledge of the Bible I have seen every possible interpretation taken, from kill the gays to love and accept everybody. So I would imagine the Quran would be open the same verity of interpretations.

If Muslims are anything like Christians, there will be people that will say you are the most evil person in the world and others that will accept you with open arms.

As for what the Quran actually says that is a matter between you and Allah.

5. iiimee

I had questions like this when I was first realizing my gender identity. There really is no "right" or "wrong" answer to this question, I'm sorry to say. I used to be very deeply religious, and I remember as a devout Christian wanting to know whether I could have sex with men, which in my eyes meant I was gay, or have sex with women, which would've made me straight. I also realized that most people would only consider me straight if I ended up with men, which infuriated me even more.

My advice to this person is to do as they please, and even if it's hard because of the people who may judge them, to decide what gender they like, if not both, and live with the fact they love this gender- whether living with this fact means proudly declaring this fact, or quietly trying to find a middle ground, between those in their religion who may judge them and those who want- the person included. I remember when I came out as transgender, my mother asked me: "Do you want to live in hiding, or embrace this part of you? It's your choice, but understand not everyone will accept you". Of course, those weren't her exact words, since that was a while ago, but it was basically that.

Being trans or cisgender isn't a choice, and neither is being homo/hetero. What this person needs is support wherever they can find it. If you're their friend, please respect them enough to use whatever pronouns they want you to use, and understand that they didn't ask for this, so it would be ridiculous to call it a sin, especially since they've never hurt anyone by it. ^_^

6. AnotherStranger

I dont think when the Quran was written people born with a male body could transition into a female so i dont think there is any rule written in the Quran about it. Let her be