1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to bring up sex question??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EM68, Jan 20, 2009.

1. EM68

I have been dating this guy for over a month and I am really like him. Our relationship is going great, we have a lot in common. We have made out a few times and he is a great kisser. He knows that I have never been with a man before. He seemed a bit surprised and it has not been brought up again. I know that I want to move our relationship forward. I trust him a lot and want him to be my first. There is a chance that we may be seeing Milk this weekend and I believe that there is a love scene. If this is the case I think it would be a good way to bring this topic up. If not I am not to sure how to bring it up.

2. mnmpython

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel comfortable around this guy, I dont think just bringing it up out of nowhere is a big deal anymore. Although the movie topic is a good idea. Most people I talk to are pretty open and a few embarrasing questions shouldn't hurt anything, especially in a relationship that seems to be heading strong after a month. If someone wanted to talk to me about sex I would take it as a sign of how much they trust me. It's not weird to talk about sex especially with your partner, I'm sure after the initial "bringing it up" it will go smooth and he will be understanding and supportive. Everyone needs to learn sometime there is no age limit as to when

3. Mickey

I agree. Whether you bring it up during the movie or not,is up to you.
    But,at this point in your relationship,you should be comfortable enough to at least hint at it. Like you said,he knows about your never having been with someone.
    He might be a little nervous,too. He may not know how to approach you.
    It's scary when it's your first time,but it may be just as scary being the first one,too!
    Talk to him . I bet it will turn out fine. He's a great guy...remember? lol!

4. Trace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If he is a great guy, it really wouldn't matter if you pop this question out of the blue. The movie being a great start to the conversation if you need something to talk about before you bring it up. It really shouldn't matter if you guys feel comfortable around each other.

5. Jim1454

Honesty is always the best policy! And I wouldn't bring it up in the heat of a passionate make-out session. Only because you might want to talk a little about what you've thought about trying or where you'd like to start.

I would think even when you're watching TV you could say something like "You know, I've been thinking about taking our relationship to a new level physically..."

There's nowhere for that conversation to go but in the direction you want it to, once you've got it started. Good luck!

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I've given this a lot of thought. I think I'm ready to have sex, and I'd love to have it with you. Would you be willing to be my first?"

Lex

7. EM68

Thanks everyone. I see what you all are saying. I hope to have this talk with him this Friday when we go out. I guess I was over thinking things again :slight_smile:.