1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Nautical Search for my self

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Daveboie, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Daveboie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I joined the US Army when I was 25yrs. I was on a boat stuck with 16 other guys for months at a time. I never told anyone I was gay, till right before I was ready to get out of the service. No one ever thought. I was in charge of 4 guys and their daily duties. I was 3rd in charge andloved the position. I would find myself so many times being grabbed by one of the boys who was always playing. I never really put much thought into it cause I knew they were not gay surely, they were just playing around breaking up time having fun.
    After one of our missions, I moved in to an apartment with one of the guys I worked with. We shared the costs, we wanted to get off post so we didnt have to deal with all the BS. He was not gay and did not know I was.
    We all would go out drink a lot of beer and eat lots of food and come back home and party all night playing cards. It was always a lot of fun having everyone over.
    Then one night I found myself lying in my bed with, say (Chad). He was drunk and butt naked, as I was, only he slipped into my bed sometime after I went to sleep. He woke me from my sleep from the massive body heat cuddled,and touching my body. I found myself in shock and out of control as he was too. One thing lead to the next and we both fell back to sleep. The days after and even today I find myself thinking of Chad often. He always said he would never tell and it couldnt happen again. I never pursued and have always felt bad. I quit drinking since then because I dont wont to have that happen again.
    I never told anyone of this till now.
    He was my first and he didnt even now it, as I barely knew.
    Chad still calls from time to time. In fact he is really the only one who keeps in touch really.
    I am wondering from all, do you think perhaps he is keeping in touch because he would like to get together for a relationship and just cant say it? Or is it just me hoping?

2. Greggers

honestly, being surrounded by only men for so long + lots of beer + one night of play does not seem to add up to a relationship to me : - / It seems like this type of thing would be very common.

3. Markio

Does "Chad" know that you're gay? It does sound like wishful thinking, but I wouldn't strike down his desire for a relationship as impossible.

4. Jim1454

I'm wondering the same. Guys that are 100% straight don't slip into bed naked with their shipmate and have some kind of sexual encounter. The fact that he stays in touch suggests he's a decent guy and actually cares about you. If he also knows your gay, then I'd read something into that too!

Keep use posted.