1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will coming out help my sexuality issues?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerlotItsMe, Nov 27, 2015.

1. MerlotItsMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm terrified of coming out to my family, there are extremely conservative and religious. I'm also not comfortable with my sexuality yet, but I'm wondering if that's the boundary I need to cross to make it okay!? Its driving me mad.

I cant figure out if I'm unhappy because of my relationship (guy) and that's just not what I want, or if I just cant accept myself and need to tell my parents in order to deal with it?

Advice please!! I feel like I'm losing it.:confused:

2. Sunrays

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey
    Try not to let it get you down, focus on small steps and the big picture will look less scary in time.

Do you have any close friends who are aware of your situation or who you could talk to? I personally found the support from my friends really valuable over the past few months.

Sunrays

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't think you necessarily need to come out to your family just yet, but try coming out to a close friend that you trust. I know once I did that, everything started to make more sense to me and I started to be very comfortable with my sexuality.