1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok i have a friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 318951me, Jan 21, 2009.

1. 318951me

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    and she loves me more than anything in this world...i think i can trust her with anything and i want to tell her that im bi but i dont want her to hate me because of it...do you guys think i should tell her or not? my real fear is her telling the wrong person when im not ready to come out yet...like i said she loves me more than anything and she is a really good friend i just want some advice on whether or not its a good idea to come out yet ...to anyone

2. RaRa

Only you know better then anyone else if you're ready to come out.

If you're ready, telling a close friend is a great choice to start with. (especially female)
    Just mention to her that you're confused with yourself at the moment, and if she can keep it a secret between the both of you until you sort things out.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Louise

First start by chatting in a general way to your friend about gays, lesbiens, bis and see what her reactions are. If she seems open minded about it go one step further and ask her if she thinks that she would ever be friends with someone who is homosexual and if you really feel that things are going well then just tell her. If she is the good friend you think she is she will be there for you, don't worry.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally, friends you think you can share everything with...you can share everything with. And that includes your sexuality. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If this is a friend that you trust and know well, and know that she really likes you give it a go. As the gay gargoyle said typically you can share everything with your friends in particular good and close friends. In fact, often when we share things or open up about ourselves, friendships become stronger.

Your sexuality is only one small part of you. There are so many other things that define you and make you, you. This is what your friend appreciates. This is what your friend likes about you. Your sexuality does not change that.

When you come out to her, take her aside and say "there is something I would like to share with you about me because I trust you and I value your friendship. I don't want to hide anything from you".....and take it from there.

Hope this helps a bit!