1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to exes?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GenderSciFi, Nov 28, 2015.

1. GenderSciFi

... do you ever do that? Come out to (straight/cis) ex-partners about your gender (or lack thereof) or sexual orientation? I mean, not if you're bffs anyway, more if you haven't seen each other for a while and plan to meet up again or something? :confused: Assuming you think they wouldn't react absolutely terribly? Imagine you couldn't comfortably avoid to come out because it's kinda in-your-face, like you're going to have a baby with your new, queer partner, or you have your new name written everywhere, or you look a lot different...?

Do you think it's horribly awkward? Unneccessary? I need some opinions & experiences!

Thx, GenderSciFi

2. Gay1234

U don't really need to. Like you said if you are not bfs. I don't really see any need to be honest. If you feel uncomfortable about it why is there a need to tell them. Honestly you don't need to but if you think it's your own choice then go ahead and tell them. It's your own choice and I'm just giving an opinion here.

3. MrSkittles

If your not like close or anything then i dont think there is need to come out to them. My opinion but do what you feels right.

4. GenderSciFi

Hm, in hindsight, it was a good thing to do. Gave me some form of closure.
    Did anybody else ever try it?

5. crazydiamond

When I was still with my ex, I had told him I was bisexual. He thought it was hot and gave me permission to mess around. I of course wasn't going to do that. But when he cheated (I guess he's the one who wanted permission lol) and I dumped him, I started dating a woman a few months later. We were still talking and to his knowledge, I was bisexual. He kept trying to make moves on me even though I was with someone else and we had a vicious fight where I decided not to talk to him anymore. Since then I realized I was actually very gay, and I haven't come out to him because we don't speak. I have a feeling he won't think it's hot when there's no penis involved. He's a misogynist, big time.

6. BigRedSailor

If it helps you close the loop on that part of life. I say why not. Just don't do it to hurt them.

7. ANerdWhoCares

It's not really necessary unless you remain good friends. My first (and last xD) girlfriend and I are still on good terms, and when she overheard me tell someone that I was gay, she took it alright, and we still get along fairly well. But if you're too distant/hateful towards eachother, there's really no need.