1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as bisexual

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ultron, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Ultron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, I'm planning to come out as bi to my family (parents + little brother), I'm not really scared of a bad reaction, they're pretty accepting of this sort of stuff and always told my brother and I that they wouldn't care if we were gay. The problem is I don't know what to say, or how to do it. Does anyone have any advice? They're not the first people that I would've told, but I don't know what to say to them. Does anyone have any advice?

2. Gay1234

I advise that if u bring up something about the LGBT community they will get the hint that u want to tell them something. Then tell them u want to talk to them about something and then come out in any way that you think is comfortable for yourself.
    Good Luck

3. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    With my mom, I just told her that I wanted to talk to her and told it to her plain and simple. Coming out doesn't have to be real fancy. Good luck! :icon_bigg

4. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What worked for me was telling them separately. I told mom, straightforwardly that I am bi, and we talked about it for a little bit. (Had to hammer out what that meant. 'No, mom, I PROMISE I'm not going to start bringing home random guys.') A couple days later, when the opportunity arose, I told dad. And honestly, he just didn't give a shit.

-Dad, can I talk to you?
    Yeah, what?
    -Well um... (Cue nervous fidgeting and frightened tears)
    Is everything okay?
    -Yeah. It's just...I'm bi...sexual....
    ...Okay...what else?
    -Just that...
    Can I go back to my nap now?

Anyway. People will surprise you. My sister was especially supportive. I'm not saying this will be the case for you, or that this is even how the majority of these conversations go. Just one possible outcome. :slight_smile: Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

5. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

If you have a hard time just saying it, maybe you could ask your parents or whoever you want to tell first (or all at once) that you want to talk to them about something later, or at a certain time. That way, they'll give you their attention and it kind of keeps you from changing the subject or backing out.

6. Mojan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Its the same for me, I'm out to my friends but I have a hard time trying to tell my family. They won't mind but its still hard, I don't want them to change the way they see me.

7. BigRedSailor

I need help with this too