1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by europeanguy, Nov 29, 2015.

1. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    my Dad is a constant tease, he will tease you about anything....that he thinks isnt true (for some reason...) and he used to call me gay alot. now thats not the worrying part, the worrying part is he suddenly stopped it. without being asked to.

I was talking to my mum about a guy at college who is essentially bullying me and how i thought he is possibly doing it because he might be attracted to me (long story) and she said "if you swing that way, dont date him".

do you think this means they know? because my dad only teases about things that he thinks arnt true so that means he must think i am gay? and my mother saying that means she might think that too? as if she thought i was straight she wouldnt say that would she? or am i over thinking this....

2. ANerdWhoCares

could you elaborate a little bit more? I'd be happy to help, but a bit more detail would be appreciated. :/

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

You know your family better and it could be coincidence, but based on what you said my guess would be it's certainly possible.
    For your dad, it's hard to say. But for your mom, she seems like she could have suspicions you're not straight and maybe she wants to show you she's open and accepting.

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

You know your family better and it could be coincidence, but based on what you said my guess would be it's certainly possible.
    For your dad, it's hard to say. But for your mom, she seems like she could have suspicions you're not straight and maybe she wants to show you she's open and accepting.