1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courage.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Reby, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Reby

Reby Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I’ve learned that everyone has problems in life - being a lesbian is just another one of life’s challenges. It’s worse than some things, but better than others. I feel no regrets for anything that has happened in my life so far. I have finally learned to love myself. Coming out hasn’t made my life carefree. I feel that I’ve made considerable progress on my own personal path of self-acceptance and personal understanding. To be honest, I'd like to say I don’t get angry or upset at people when they say awful things about the gay lifestyle anymore, in fact, I feel bad for them. They are the ones that have to live their life with hatred in them, because all it does is eat you up inside. I can honestly say that coming out to my family was the best thing I have ever done. It was taking too much out of me and I needed peace of mind. Even if at least one person doesn't accept me, it’s okay because I’m living my life for me not for that person. Nothing feels better than honesty with yourself. Yes you may lose some people in your life, but why would you want to keep those who don’t or won’t accept and respect you for who you are around? It’s such a remarkable feeling of liberation not having this secret eating at my mind any longer. I’m just happy to have things in my control with no fear, loathing, regrets but just the future, which looks extremely good to me. I’m still the same loving person everyone has known, everyone just now knows me a little better than they did before. I hope after a certain level of acceptance of me, I don’t expect it to be over night, but hope in time, everyone will understand my life. I’m working hard towards putting all the pieces of it together. But I do so with a renewed sense of hope that everything will work out and that I’m on my way to becoming the person I was meant to be. It is a welcome feeling. I am very comfortable with my sexuality and wouldn’t have it in any other way. I began to let the real me emerge from that dark closet I had hidden in my entire life. Finally I have the courage to be true to myself and to live life to the fullest through happiness. Now that I am out, I can’t imagine ever being in the closet. I look back on my life and wish I had the strength to do it many years ago. But one good thing came out of this, I never regret, I have a wonderful baby girl in my life and another on the way. Now I can look at the moon, sun, stars, clouds and the rainbow in a different light, instead of darkness. It gave me my identity at last!

2. ANerdWhoCares

I gotta hand it to you, that was perfect. This is something anyone with doubts about who they are, and what their orientation is, should read. You've completely captured the essence of what coming out could do to improve one's life! And I'm so happy that it's becoming a true story for more and more people everyday. It's the kind of happy outcome I hope my posts here on EC can contribute to creating. I'm glad that you have a happy life ahead of you, congrats on the girls, and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. Reby

Reby Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thank you! I truly appreciate it. Life after coming out isn't always easy, but we have to find a way to accept the good with the bad. And sorry, I worded that statement wrong. I meant that I have a daughter and another baby on the way. I decided not to find out the gender. I want to be surprised.