1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Now Remember... you said you were open."

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Just1Dude, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The other day I was talking to my Mom about some of my worries with the rest of my family and my process of coming out. That was her response..

"Now remember... you said you were open. So anything can happen right?"

I didn't really know how to respond, I feel like she isn't really taking it seriously. I am bisexual but I feel like I should have said I am gay so she would get the picture. She didn't say it in a mean way, but more of a hopeful way. That breaks my heart.

I know I am going to find someone. Only then will it be "real" for her and I think then I will see her "real" reaction. I really don't think her real reaction is going to be so warm.

I know we all go through this. She has also been saying things like "That is your choice" "I love you but I can't support that, I just can't"

I know for parents it (can be) a rough situation so I don't want to be mad. I can't bring myself to be mad.. just kind of dead. Yeah, that is a good term. I feel dead inside at the moment. I am sure there are brighter roads ahead.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Maybe you could ask someone to stage as your boyfriend and girlfriend [not at the same time, but close together] so she can see you with both genders?