1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why cant I stop crying??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by loving the pink, Jan 22, 2009.

1. loving the pink

Ive just entered my second hour of constant tears today, I cannot stop crying.
    I think the realisation of what I have to do is dawning on me, big time. I am no longer able to hide myself from my family, nor do I want to. I dont know if I am crying so much because of the sheer terror I feel at having to tell my family or if its because I am mourning the end of my 'fake' straight life. I hate asking people for help, but I really wanna pick up the phone and ring my friend who has been exactly through this, but I just cant do it...I dont want to be a bother to anyone. Instead im at home alone, crying to the cat, which is kinda pathetic and is just making me feel worse.
    Its these kinda times when I feel its just easier to be straight and fit in with everyone else, to not make life difficult for myself. Help!!:bang:

2. theworld

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad right now. I'm like that too in not wanting to ask for help and bother anyone else with my problems. I do think, however and I probably should follow my own advice, that calling or just being with a friend is much, much better than trying to deal with everything yourself always. It takes a lot of courage, but it's also a show of trust. Go ahead and call your friend. She/he will be able to help you.

3. EM68

I feel for you. I was in the same situation as you right after Christmas. I was ready to tell my parents and I froze and became an emotional wreck. For a couple of days I could not stop crying. The fear was that intense. I almost went back into the closet but then I realized that I was happy were I was and I would be worse off if I went backward. I would talk to your friend who went through the same thing. That is what friends are for ! They might be able to give you some tips on coming out to you family.

I personally don't think your are mourning your 'straight' life because that is not your true self. One thing that I found that helped unleash some stress was writing a coming out letter to my parents. When the time comes I plan to give it to them. That way all the points that I want to tell them are there. Good Luck! (*hug*)(*hug*)

4. ilovelife

I feel like I totally understand you on this. I was going through the same thing about 3 weeks ago. I was crying for like a week straight just thinking about coming out. You just have to think about how much happier you will be after you come out and live your life the way you are. It's a huge relief. After I came out, I was like instantly happy. Literally. Hopefully, that will happen for you. I think you'll be fine though. :]
    P.S. Maybe just try texting your friend if you don't wanna "talk"

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Friends exist for precisely this sort of situation, especially if they've "been there done that". Go ahead and call her. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Smiley1123

I'm the exact same way. I've also been through an very emotional through my coming outs. Listening to some happy music made me a little better. For me, I also do not like to bother my friends to listen to my problems. But it may be a good idea, real friends are usually good listeners and should be especially nice since they know you are so upset. If you really are not in the mood to call, you can text, IM, Facebook, Myspace etc.

7. loving the pink

Its like she knew, she txt me to see if Im ok, and even with the invitation to call her anytime, I cant do it. Its seems just easier to sleep off today and hope for a better day tomorrow. I guess everyone just has to have a few days like this

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's extended a hand. Don't refuse it.

Lex

9. Mickey

I agree. Call her. She knows what you're going through. If the situation were reversed,wouldn't you be there for her?
    Don't go through this alone,especially when she told you she's there for you.

10. Cassi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    agreed duuude : D atleast you have someone who you know that
    went though what you're going through.