1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Anonymous132, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Anonymous132

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just a quick post, I want to come out to parents, but i dont really want to do it in a letter or something like that. Like it needs to be real it needs to come from my mouth and be unedited and continuous. I would be okay doing it face to face, but i know theyd intterupt and ask questions and i dont really want that i just want to say what i want to say if you know what i mean. So i guess what im trying to say is, is coming out in a video a good idea or not??

Cheers
    Anon

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best way to come out is anyway that is comfortable for you.
    Do it in a letter video text, a face book post or by kissing a guy in front of them!, whatever works for YOU.
    The reaction of your parents will be to what you say and not to how you say it.
    I came out to my siblings via a group text, strictly speaking not a great way to do it. But the reaction was great.

If it makes you feel comfortable, it's a good way of doing it.

Best of luck.

(*hug*)

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I agree. If that's what works for you, then there's nothing wrong with it, especially since it's still pretty personal which is what you're going for. Let us know how it goes! Best of luck!

4. GayPugs

That sounds like an awesome idea! When I came out, I made my parents do a game. It's like twenty guesses but they're guessing who my crush is. They kept saying he and eventually they started asking if he wasn't a boy and I was like, "Bingo!"

5. AnotherStranger

WOOW thats a good one. So they are so happy they have guessed that they dont have time to be surprised