1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Told Someone Else

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Contact1111, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First I just told my family, who seems to be processing the news in a confusing and agitating way. They do seem to want to accept it though, and they say they will always love me. They are just being annoying, asking stupid questions, and saying stuff that is pissing me off. Now, I told someone else. I told my friend about it, and he wished me luck with everything. He also promised he wouldn't tell anybody else, which is good right now. I said I wasn't trying to keep it a secret though. This is literally the first person I have told outside of my family about it :slight_smile: I have to say that telling him this felt completely natural and fine, and I didn't think to myself at all like I was doing something wrong. It just kind of came out very naturally to say that I was bisexual. He used to say he was that way himself, but now he doesn't. I don't know if he changed or what happened, or if he is just closeted again. Anyways, it felt great to be able to share this so comfortably and naturally.

2. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad things went well with your friend. As for your parents keep in mind that its a coming out process for them too. Im sure they have many questions for you, some more personal than you would care to share. If you dont feel comfortable talking to your parents about these things yet, let them know that you dont feel comfortable telling them yet but can talk later when you are ready.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

That is awesome! Congrats on telling your friend. Good luck with the family. I'm sure in time they'll come around once they get used to it, especially since they want to accept it.

But anyway congrats! Yayyy!:slight_smile:

4. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congratulations! I'm glad it went well for you and I'm glad your friend was accepting of you.

Just keep in mind that the questions your parents are asking that may seem stupid probably feel like genuine concerns to them. Try and see things from their point of view and be more tolerant to their questions. Think about it another way: if they have any misconceptions about bi people then it's great that you'll be able to correct them and make them more open-minded to the situation. As kyfry said, it's a coming out process for them as well, and it's perfectly okay if you don't want to talk about it right now. Just keep them in mind as well.

Kudos to you, congrats and I send you all the happy emojis in the world.

:icon_bigg :slight_smile: (*hug*) (!) :eusa_danc