1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oliverouge, Dec 7, 2015.

1. oliverouge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So i plan on coming out to my family as trans and bi sometime early next year and i really need tips on how to do that. especially with my dad who doesn't even live in the same state and im pretty sure he doesn't have a computer so i cant link him to any resources.

i asked a therepist where i get my hormones and she said something about having a person to call after you come out so they know you are safe and are ready to celebrate or comfort you after

do you guys have any more tips for me?

2. Winter Linn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have had two friends in real life who both took that step. Probably the most important thing I could suggest is relying on the people around you, friends and family who love you. Other than that, best thing you can do is take that step soon, because delaying it further will only cause unhappiness for you.

3. oliverouge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I understand being unhappy with it. i was actually planning to come out by the end of this year but i felt really rushed to do it.

thank you for the advice tho!