1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents Are A Drag

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayPugs, Dec 7, 2015.

1. GayPugs

I'm very open with my being-lesbianness. I tell all my friends and told my parents (and of course my pugs). But, my girlfriend isn't so open. Whenever I come over we talk hushed so her parents don't hear and I can't call her my girlfriend unless her parents aren't there. I totally understand that she's worried that they'll break us up and it'll be a Juliet And Juliet situation (I'm saying Juliet And Juliet instead of Romeo And Juliet because we're lesbian) but it's starting to get annoying to have to whisper all the time. What do I do?? :help:

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Sorry that's rough. I'm currently in a relationship with a girl and neither of us are out to our parents.
    Try to be patient about it. You can't help that she hasn't come out yet to her parents and are just going to have to find other ways of hanging out with her. Hang out at your own house or some other locations if possible, maybe make a routine of going out on dates. It's just one of those things you have to work around unfortunately.
    If you are hanging out at her house, if you sleep over I'm guessing you get more alone time then? So just focus on the time you do get together rather than the times you have to act like friends (but are still together). Both of you are in it together and that's great in itself.
    Sorry if this wasn't the most helpful of answers but I hope it helps a bit! It's just a tough situation, so focus on the positive:thumbsup:

3. GayPugs

That was helpful! I do need to be more positive! I guess they won't have to find out until we get married (if we do) which is quite a few years off from now.