1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Abe0106, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Abe0106

Im transgender and I'm afraid to come out to my friends as transgender.They are open to gay people but they hate transgender people and I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.

2. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First things first.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

We're all here for you.

3. ParrotBrat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry. From my own experience, it can help if you have even just one person to be out to. If there's one friend who you think you can trust, you could start with them. My straight brother used to act homophobic, but when his friend came out as gay he became more open minded. Could be you coming out could change your friends for the better. And do know that there are lots of people who think you're just dandy, and new friends can be found when old ones fail you.

4. Abe0106

Thank you

5. Fairyglitter

Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you can start by educating yourself enough about gender in order to explain it to them. Maybe bring up the topic of gender by telling them you have a friend who is genderqueer, wink wink, and seeing how they react to that. If they say things like "that doesn't exist" or something, try to educate them. And then make your decision based on how open minded they are to the idea. Then you can decide on whom you wanna tell, and maybe wait for the others to warm up to the idea somehow.

6. Riz

Riz

I agree with this. Try and bring up the topic more often and normalize the topic, because a lot of the time that's what makes people "hate" a certain group of people, because it's strange and unknown to them so they don't know how to react.
    As also suggested with telling maybe one friend you think might be supportive. If you do this person could help you with these kind of topics.

Good luck and loads of strenght and support to you!