1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this make a good letter?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JackIsANerd, Dec 10, 2015.

1. JackIsANerd

So during one of my terrible dysphoria nights last week I opened up my email and kind of just drafted a letter addressed to my mother. I was wonder if anyone could read it and tell me if I should use it?

Here it is:

Ive been feeling really confused and depressed lately and im not sure how much longer I can handle it, you love me no matter what right? Because there is really nothing you can do to change me or how I feel, I feel so scared and alone because of you. I am just going to go ahead and say it now and then explain, I am 100% curtain I am transgender. I know you will hate me and try to brainwash me to be this "perfect daughter" but I cant live like that! On the inside there is this scared and confused boy who hates himself more than anything, on the outside there is a female body that feels wrong and out of place. Every time I look at myself I hate everything more and more. I go to bed wishing I was born a boy so I wouldn't have to feel like this and I just want you to understand that this isn't a choice believe me if I could be happy being I would but I know that will never happen. I just want to live like the boy I know im suppose to be, I want to feel happy when I look in the mirror, I want to be happy when I am out in public, I just want to be me. When I imagine my future I see myself as a man and people using he instead of she and calling me by a different name, imagining all that makes me so happy I want to cry because I have finally figured out what this missing piece of me is. I just want you to be supportive and love me for who I am because I don't know what I might do if you don't. I know it must be weird that I am saying all of this in a letter but I just couldn't get the words out without crying. I am sure you will want to talk about it and im not sure how you will react just know I love you and I really do hope you don't think I am crazy. I felt like it was really important to tell you I am just sorry I couldn't do it in person.

Of course I would probably edit it a little and write it out but I think its a start!

2. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It looks like a good start. Editing should smooth it out. I caught one typo (curtain should be certain), and there were a lot of run-on sentences. But it's a nice rough draft.

Since I don't know much about what you're up against, it's hard for me to judge the content. But unless your mom's extremely anti-trans, I think this should communicate how you feel fairly well.

Good luck!

3. JackIsANerd

Thank you! :grin: it was just something I typed while feeling pretty bad mentally so I expect a ton of typos lol

4. Abdadhie

Yeah, editing should make everything fine! Seems pretty good!

Good Luck coming out!!