1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deciding to be more openly gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by animatedPi, Dec 11, 2015.

1. animatedPi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it's almost the beginning of a new year, I want to start off fresh with a clear head, and I'm already one step closer to that, I came out a few days ago, but not a lot of people know about me yet, so I've decided to just be openly gay, if somebody at my schools calls me gay, I'm not going to deny it anymore.
    I'm also going to try and be myself for once, I have been myself in a way but not the whole me.

Amy ideas on this? And what do you have planned for this upcoming year?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I don't know what you're countries like, but if anyone called you the fa-word then perhaps educate them as to why that word is offensive, as they might have internalized that word from their parents or something and not realize it and then afterwards they might be accepting, or not even realized what they said was offensive in the first place.

Perhaps you could start a club where people who are LGBT+ or have questions about LGBT+ [not necessarily questioning themselves] so other people have a leader that can help them 'come out' if they want to and begin to accept themselves/others.

Me, I'm making a booklet for my family, or at least my parents, about all the sexuality and genders [including cis-het] and then showing them mine and asking about theirs.

3. ANerdWhoCares

I've made a similar decision to yours in the past month. I'm openly gay at my high school, and everyone's cool with it. I don't hear people calling eachother fags anymore, so... Progress! :slight_smile:

In terms of what I do to express my sexuality (and to try and attract other guys... :wink: ) I started dressing nicer, tackling my acne problem head-on, talk about who I find attractive with my female friends (what's kind of ironic is that most of them are lesbians xD), and I have a pride ribbon pinned on the strap of my backpack. Sometimes it helps to just show it, rather than individually say it. Some of these are stereotypical, I know, but it's effective nonetheless. :grin: